What are the most streamed game soundtracks on Spotify? The popularity of streaming on-demand music makes it easier than ever to listen to your favorite video game soundtracks, but some of these tracks might surprise you.
The music in a video game is one of the most prominent ways to set the mood and plant roots in the memories of gamers worldwide. In a report initially revealed by Pledge Times, gamers have enjoyed the soundtracks to their favorite video games in all kinds of places.
Since music streaming has taken off as the dominant way most fans interact with music, gaming soundtracks are huge on Spotify. Let’s check out some of the most streamed game soundtracks on Spotify as of 2022.
Most Streamed Video Game Soundtracks on Spotify (Total Streams Per Album)
- Undertale (948,582,853)
- Minecraft (782,622,493)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (429,198,595)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (369,373,351)
- Grand Theft Auto V (310,359,526)
- DOOM (2016) (309,661,960)
- The Last of Us (206,197,831)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies (134,203,647)
- Ori and the Blind Forest (98,480,399)
- God of War (90,222,640)
Most Streamed Video Game Songs on Spotify (Total Plays)
- “MEGALOVANIA” Undertale (114,793,396)
- “Sweden” Minecraft (100,081,195)
- “Rip & Tear” DOOM (2016) (61,771,368)
- “115” Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies (53,488,685)
- “r-Cali” Grand Theft Auto V (52,478,500)
- “I’m Ready” Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (45,785,060)
- “The Last of Us” The Last of Us (42,263,508)
- “Ezio’s Family” Assassin’s Creed 2 (34,667,975)
- “Dragonborn” Skyrim (30,689,746)
- “God of War” God of War (29,203,035)
It’s not surprising to see the iconic indie game Undertale from one-person developer Toby Fox on the list, considering its earworm boss battle theme “MEGALOVANIA,” was a viral hit when the game debuted in 2015.
Minecraft might not immediately come to mind when someone mentions video game soundtracks, but its melodic, relaxing tracks make it an obvious choice, given Minecraft‘s immense popularity. Perhaps the biggest surprise is Ori and the Blind Forest, an indie game not nearly as well-known as Undertale but, as data shows, a beloved title in the independent games sphere nonetheless.
Taked from: https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2022/06/11/most-streamed-game-soundtracks-on-spotify/